Revisiting the tales of Ravana, discussing security and distributing sweets are few issues that we do yearly throughout Diwali. This time round, allow us to discover how Diwali has grown into a recent competition on the world stage and the affect it has on the Indian economic system.
Lights, Motion and Selfies – Diwali has arrived!
Diwali is India’s most elegant and cosmopolitan competition –due to the irresistible sweets, the evolving trend and the innovatively designed crackers. Whereas Diwali has a robust cultural background and stands as a robust proof that good at all times wins over evil, the competition has clearly picked hues of fashion and class through the years.
With Diwali comes a number of environmental, social and psychological adjustments that collectively trigger a significant affect on the general economic system of the nation. To begin with, Diwali units your entire nation in a festive temper and the enjoyment of Diwali spreads like a ripple impact all through the Indian economic system.
The “corporate-styled” Diwali
Within the current years, the Indian IT sector has taken to celebrating Diwali in a grand method. With tens of millions of hardworking, sensible children discovering solace of their jobs, it’s only honest that corporations take up the time and effort to rejoice with their staff.
In 2015, Google added a contact of goodwill to its Diwali celebrations by utilizing “terracotta diyas” made by autistic kids. Grand decor adorned the workplace constructing and particular lunch was served to all staff. E-commerce giants like Flipkart and Jabong celebrated their grand festive season gross sales by commemorating the loyal staff throughout the Diwali celebration. Different corporations like Ernst and Younger, Snapdeal, Instances of India, GiftXOXO and Interface the place among the many prime most corporations that remember Diwali in an extravagant method.
Diwali goes world!
Simply once you thought, Diwali celebrations have reached till the doorways of the company; Singapore launched its unique Diwali-themed prepare earlier this month. Identified to be the second dwelling for Indian Tamils, Singapore has at all times been a pioneer in embracing Indian festivals. This 12 months happy diwali pictures, the nation moved one step forward of the same old and established this exceptional feat.
London is celebrating Diwali with colourful performances and parades on the Trafalgar sq.. With the intention to commemorate the gorgeous Indian competition, the United States of America launched a Diwali particular Without end stamp.
Amidst all this grandeur got here a ray of hope when Pakistani forces and the Indian Military exchanged sweets at chosen border stations. The ceremonial alternate of sweets made the troops, in addition to the folks of each international locations, really feel heat despite the numerous years of strained relationship.
Vital enterprise developments for Diwali 2016
- E-commerce web sites that supply trend, electrical home equipment and furnishings have proven an amazing improve in gross sales. Whereas brick-and-mortar corporations have at all times reported elevated gross sales throughout the Diwali season, commerce by way of digital media is rapidly catching up.
- The boycotting of Chinese language merchandise has led to 30% decline within the Diwali sale of Chinese language items throughout the nation.
- 5 new automobiles have been launched throughout this competition sale. They’re Renault KWID AMT, Tata Kite 5, Maruti Suzuki Ignis, All-new Toyota Fortuner and Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift.
- Many banks are additionally giving coupons and 10 to 15% reductions on the purchases made with their debit or bank card. This 12 months, Citi financial institution is giving Rs.7000 cashback for buying newly launches iPhone 7 utilizing their playing cards.
- Whereas gold costs go up the radar attributable to excessive demand round Diwali time, this 12 months has been an exception. A powerful US greenback and the chance of charge hike from the Federal reserve of america has induced immense strain on the gold worth.
- The marketplace for idols produced from luxurious metals and treasured stones appears to be on the rise. Completely different fashions of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi with worth ranging between few hundreds and few lakhs are rising in demand among the many elite group.
Diwali and the Indian Economic system
In 2015, Snapdeal reported 500-crore value of cellphones solely throughout the festive season. This 12 months on-line gross sales are anticipated to rise from 9000Cr to 10000Cr evaluating final 12 months gross sales. Flipkart not too long ago carried out a 5 days Diwali sale which was ended up with 15.5 million models sale value of $500 million. Vehicle corporations like Honda skilled the very best sale interval throughout Diwali and so did Micromax, a number one participant within the cell phone and LED tv market. Normally, nearly each trade in India showcased a constructive progress by way of the Diwali season and people who adeptly took benefit of the chance expanded their market share significantly.
This 12 months, Diwali started with the commonest knowledge confusion saga and but the competition of lights didn’t fail to create an upbeat atmosphere amongst Indians and the passion may have a direct impact on the spending intentions of the shoppers (in 2015 India was declared because the nation with the very best Client Confidence and Spending Intention by the Nielsen International survey). Enterprise house owners and merchants will cease specializing in rising the demand however will as a substitute take the trouble to fulfill clients by delivering the best merchandise on the proper time and on the proper place. This results in elevated hiring throughout a number of industries similar to logistics, advertising, manufacturing, digital media and so forth.
Extra money is shipped out and in of India throughout Diwali and imports attain a brand new excessive yearly. The general enterprise progress is propelled and motion begins with the thoughts and angle of each single client. “The shoppers will spend 40% extra on this ongoing competition sale in comparison with final 12 months” , says ASSOCHAN survey. An averagely higher center class household spend round Rs.15000 to RS.25000 throughout the Diwali season.
Just a few last phrases…
Diwali is the time of the 12 months when your entire nation strikes right into a buying spree and the general economic system of the nation is on a excessive. Authorities lays restrictions on the noise air pollution and air air pollution attributable to the extreme use of crackers (SAFAR reported an intense change in air high quality after Diwali 2015 celebrations). With a robust sense of security and environmental-friendliness, Diwali can change into the most effective time for financial progress and private glory for the Indian inhabitants.